What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Suffering from erectile dysfunction can be frustrating for men. It's an awful experience that is being faced by males worldwide which is also referred to as impotency. This is a situation where males are being deprived to perform any sexual activity. It leaves them embarrassed and helpless to not even satisfy their partner.
The erectile dysfunction can be characterized by the penis inability in maintaining an erection. Experiencing an impotency can cause males to lose their self confidence. This can also give them anxiety and stress that can be a huge impact within a relationship. Most men who are experiencing this type of situations are shy and afraid to seek help from the doctors. Seeking help from these experts is not only good for treating the dysfunctions it can also help in searching for other ailments that can affect the health. In case there is a detected underlying health problem then the ED can be resolved as well. (Wikipedia – erectile dysfunction)
Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
There are several types of causes of erectile dysfunction and including to this is the physical cause. The following are some of the examples why men are experiencing this type of condition.
- Kidney Disease – Having this type of disease contains a high possibility that it can affect the health of erection. Included to this is the blood flow and hormones that runs through the penis. Aside from this it can also affect the nervous system that can result to reducing the energy level of sex drives. The drug that is being taken to cure the disease contains a possibility to cause impotency.
- Diabetes – This type of disease is chronic that can damage blood vessel and nerves connected to the penis. If diabetes is not treated immediately it can cause further damage into having an erection.
- Prostate Cancer – The treatments that is being done in order to cure the cancer is the main cause why men experiences ED that can be permanent or temporary.
Aside from this there is also other physical cause that is not related to disease. This includes the following:
- Hormone problems – Imbalances in the hormones and testosterone level can reduce men's interest in having sex. This are often cause of treatments being conducted in order to cure a cancer or certain diseases.
- Surgery – Having surgeries related to bladder and prostate cancer can affect the tissues and nerves in getting an erection. There are times that the damage can cleared up in just size to eighteen months. In some cases this can also be a permanent damage.
- Injury – Experiencing injuries in the penis, spinal cord, bladder and pelvis contains a high possibility of having an erectile dysfunction.
- Venous Leak – In maintaining an erection it is necessary that the blood flowing into the penis must remain there. Then in instances that it quickly flows back that is when venous leak occurs. This is due to the veins found in the penis does not constrict properly. In result males tend to lose their erection.
Different types of treatment options for erectile dysfunction (ED)
Experiencing this type of condition can be tough at times and it needs an immediate medication to prevent from having further damages to the body. With regards to this there are several options available that people who are experiencing erectile dysfunction or impotency can consider. The following are some of the options that can be used in treating ED.
» Change in LifestyleThis is one of the basic and effective treatments in curing an ED. If a patient happens to smoke or take drugs then this habits should be get rid of. Too much consumption on alcohol can also affect the erection of the penis. That's why patients who are experiencing this should drink moderately. Another effective way of treating ED is by exercising. Indulging oneself into healthier activities in some ways can help the patient through recovery. Combining exercise with eating nutritious food is a perfect treatment in regaining the sexual health. It does not require any medication or therapy that makes it ideal for a treatment. n changing a person's lifestyle will not only treat the condition, it can also enhance the quality of life.
» Sex PsychotherapistThis type of treatment does not also involve any medications in curing the said condition. Having too much stress contains a high possibility of affecting the sexual health that can result to ED. The state of being emotional has a tendency to influence a person's life. With the help of a therapist they can help in releasing the negative energy of an individual that is experiencing an erectile dysfunction. A person's sensitivity and reaction on things can affect a person's sexual drive.
» Oral MedicationsConducting a medication is also proven to be safe and effective and curing erectile dysfunction. Including to this are the Levitra, Viagra, and Cialis. These are the popular treatment being used in treating impotency. Undergoing this type of treatment usually relaxes the muscles present on the penis. The effect of this is it can enhance the nitric oxide that improves the sexual organs blood flow. In taking this men should make sure that before having an intercourse it should be taken within 60 minutes. And should be taken only once a day. Consulting doctors is the best guide before taking any necessary medication. In this way patients can be free from harm and unnecessary ailments.
» Using a Vacuum DeviceThis type of treatment requires an equipment to be used and one of these is the vacuum. Using this tool basically is for the penis to be pump. It can be characterized by a tube that is made from plastic that is connected into a pump. Upon placing the penis inside the tube there is an air that will pump out. Using this type of alternative is very effective in drawing out blood in the penis that can result to having an erection. This type of treatment is applicable to male that has partial erection. It's proven safe and effective if properly used.